Wholesome Whole Wheat Parata with Green Onion Zucchini Paneer!!
Wholesome Whole Wheat Parata with Green Onion, Zucchini, Paneer, Nigella and Sesame Seeds!!!
I had a bunch of Green Onion and a Zucchini which I wanted to use up… and that where it started 🙂 Kids love Paneer, so added that. And for some flavor, Nigella and Sesame seeds.. and it ended up with these wholesome Parata! My kids love when I make fresh hot Roti or Parata or any bread 🙂
What you’ll need:
- Green Onion Sliced- 1 bunch
- Zucchini Grated – 1
- Paneer Grated – 1/2 block
- Jalapeno Pepper Seeded and Sliced (or finely chopped) – 1
- Nigella Seeds – 1 tsp
- Sesame Seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Whole Wheat or Chapati Flour – about 4 cups
- Water as needed
Mixing the dough:
- Slice the Green Onion, Grate the Zucchini and Paneer and Seed and Slice the Jalapeno Pepper. I sliced the chili pepper because my kids could pick them out if too hot for them. You can chop finely if you can handle it 🙂 Add them into a mixing bowl.
- Add the Flour and Salt and mix into the vegetables. Add the Nigella Seeds and Sesame Seeds and additional water as needed to mix the dough.
3. Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes or longer.
Rolling the Dough:
- Keep some flour in a plate near by for dusting, and a rolling pin and mat/board to roll.
- Take about a tennis ball sized dough (or a bit smaller), roll into a ball and flatten with your palm. Coat with flour and roll the Parata.
- Heat a Griddle/flat pan, and cook the rolled Parata on both sides to a nice golden. Add butter or ghee or oil while cooking (optional).
- Keep going and roll and cook all the Paratas!