Spicy Pumpkin Walnut Bread
After my son made Pumpkin Rolls couple of days back, I still had some Pumpkin Puree left over. So, made some Spicy Pumpkin Walnut Bread to go with the Fall weather! 🙂 With Cinnamon and Nutmeg, this smells divine! And tastes sooo good! Perfect with a hot cup of tea!
What you’ll need:
- Butter (softened or microwave for 30 seconds to soften) – 1 stick
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Pumpkin Puree – 1 can (15 oz)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Ground Nutmeg – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- All Purpose Flour – 2 cups
- Chopped Walnuts – 1/2 cup
P.S – I personally dont like my sweets too sweet. If you’re like me, this recipe would work fine if you reduce sugar to 1/2 – 3/4 cup.
- Heat the oven to 325 deg F. I set it to convection Bake.
- In the meantime, in a large mixing bowl, mix in the softened Butter and Sugar well.
- Next add the eggs one by one and mix in well.
- Mix in the Pumpkin Puree. Its totally ok that it will look grainy.
- Add the Salt, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Baking Powder and Baking Soda. Mix.
- Add the Flour 1 cup at a time and mix well.
- Add the chopped Walnut and mix.
- Pour into 2 greased Loaf Pans, I used a Bundt cake pan, and bake in the oven for 60 minutes or until done (a toothpick inserted in should come out clean).
- Cool on the rack for a few minutes. Enjoy!!