Winter Beet Soup!
What you’ll need:
- Red Onion chopped into large chunks – 1/2 large or 1 small
- Apple chopped into large chunks – 1
- Baby Carrots chopped – 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- Ginger chopped – 1 inch piece
- Garlic Cloves chopped – 4
- Baby Beets (pre-cooked) – 8 (or 4 large)
- Walnuts – 1/2 cup
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Cayenne Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Cilantro Leaves – a handful
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, Saute the Onion in some Olive Oil until soft.
- Add the chopped Carrots, Apple, Ginger and Garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Beets and Walnuts, cover and cook until well done.
- Puree all the contents and return to pot. Add water to adjust the soup consistency. Turn heat to low.
- Add Pepper Powder, Chili Powder and Lemon Juice. Adjust Salt if needed. Bring to a simmer and switch off.
- Ladle into bowls and top with Cilantro, Walnut bits and Chia Seeds. Serve hot!