With Halloween over, I have several Pumpkins in the house waiting to be used up. And as the weather is getting colder by the day, some soup and bread it was for tonight!
What you’ll need:
- Pumpkin – 1 small, pealed and cubed
- Red Onion – 1/2 large or 1 small, cubed
- Vegetable Broth – 2 cups (Optional)
- Garlic Pods – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch piece, roughly chopped
- Crush Red Chilies (or Black Pepper) – 2 tsp
- Thyme – 1 tbsp (I used dried, fresh would be great)
- Salt to taste
- Heavy cream – 1/4 cup
1. In a large pot, add Pumpkin, Onion and Garlic. Add enough water or vegetable broth and cook until the vegetables are soft.
2. Add Ginger, Red Chilies, Thyme and Salt to taste. Cook another 5 minutes.
3. Let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Blend the soup carefully, covering the blender with a cloth.
4. Pour into a bowl and mix in the cream. Enjoy!