Here’s another version of Adai, with spinach. And topped with cheese for kids.
What you’ll need:
- Oats – 2 cups
- Channa Dal – 1 cup
- Urad Dal (whole) – 1 cup
- Green Moong Bean – 1 cup
- Toor Dal – 1 cup
- Ginger – 1 1/2 inch piece
- Green Chilies – 4 to 5 (or to taste)
- Curry Leaves – 5 to 6 stalks
- Spinach Puree – 2 cups
- Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak the Channa dal, Urad dal, Moong bean, Toor Dal and Oats overnight.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and grind together to make the batter.
3. The batter can be used right away to make dosas or fermented overnight. Make adai with the nicely fermented batter next day. Enjoy!
For kids lunch box, I made mini adai coins and topped with cheese.