Carrot Tomato Peanut Salad!
This one has a bit of a South Indian flair to it, with the Mustard tempering added. I could eat up the full platter of this salad!! Truly!
What you’ll need:
- Grated Carrots – 4 to 5 large
- Tomato, sliced – 1 large
- Toasted Peanuts, chopped – 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice – of 1/2 lemon
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilies, Slit lengthwise – 2
- Hing/Asafoetida – small pinch (optional)
- Layer the Grated Carrots, Sliced Tomatoes, chopped Toasted Peanuts.
- Sprinkle the Salt and Lemon Juice.
- In a small pan, heat the Oil. Add Mustard Seeds and Hing and let the seeds splutter. Add the Green Chilies and turn off heat. Top this tempering on the Salad.
- Mix before eating. Enjoy!!