I wanted to make a peppery Tofu and this is what it turned out to be. I did hold back on the pepper, as kids love tofu and I wanted them to be able to eat as well. But it still turned out great!
What you’ll need:
- Firm Tofu – 1 box
- Onion finely chopped – 1/2
- Garlic cloves finely chopped – 2 to 4
- Orange Bell Pepper finely chopped – 1 small
- Yellow Bell Pepper finely chopped – 1 small
- Trader Joe’s Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette – 2 tbsp
- Freshly ground Black Peppercorn – 2 to 3 tsp (or more per your taste)
- Crushed Red Pepper – 1 tsp
- Cilantro chopped – a few sprigs
- Salt to taste
To make your own Sesame Soy Vinaigrette Sauce for this dish, blend all the below ingredients in a small blender. I use my NutriBullet.
- Soy Sauce – 4 tbsp
- Rice Vinegar – 4 tbsp
- Olive Oil – 6 to 8 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Sesame Seeds – 1 tsp
1. Cut the Tofu to large pieces and pan fry them. Set aside.
2. In the same pan and with the same oil, saute the Onion and Garlic until soft.
3. Add the Orange and Yellow bell peppers and saute another 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette (Homemade or the one shown below) and mix.
5. Add the freshly ground Black Pepper.
6. Add the crushed Red Pepper. Mix.
7. Add the Tofu pieces and mix. Add Salt as needed.
8. Top with the Cilantro.
Enjoy!! Goes well with steamed rice.