Nothing short of restaurant taste! This is easy to make and no pre-planning needed. It is not spread with a ladle as regular dosa, instead sprinkled by hand, little by little, all over the pan. That’s the only trick.
What you’ll need:
- Fine Sooji/Rava – 1 cup
- Rice Flour – 1 cup
- All Purpose Flour/Maida – 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seeds – 1 to 2 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1 to 2 tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion – 1 medium
- Green Chilies
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Cilantro – a small bunch
- Cashew Nuts
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the batter ingredients with water. The batter will be very thin, similar to buttermilk consistency.
2. Heat the Dosa Pan and drizzle a tsp of oil. On medium-high, sprinkle the toppings one by one all over the pan, except cilantro.
3. Now sprinkle the batter little by little all over the pan (be sure to mix the batter frequently as the sooji/flour will settle to the bottom).
4. Drizzle another tsp of oil and cook on medium-high to high heat until it starts to turn golden. Sprinkle the cilantro.
5. Fold the Dosa and enjoy it hot and crispy!