Tofu Fusion Tacos
For a very quick dinner tonight, I made this sauteed Tofu with veggies and Indian spices.. Within an hour cooking and dining were done!
My kids love Kadai Paneer and I make it quite often. And even though one of my son does not like Bell Peppers, he liked this!
What you’ll need:
- Firm Tofu – 2 boxes
- Red Onion finely chopped – 1
- Yellow (or any) Bell Pepper finely chopped – 1
- Sundried Tomatoes – 1/2 cup
- Kadai Paneer Masala – 2 tsps or to taste
- Amchur (dry mango) Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Kasuri Methi (dry leaves) – 1/4 cup
- Corn Tortilla
- Avocado or Avocado Crema
- Chili Lime Seasoning (optional)
- In a large pan, saute the Onion in oil until caramelized.
- Add the Bell Peppers and Saute. When it gets soft, add the Sundried Tomatoes and Saute.
- Squeeze out the water from Tofu, chop or crumble to small pieces, and add to pan. Saute.
- Add the Spices – Kadai Paneer Masala, Amchir Powder, Salt and mix. Continue to Saute.
- When everything is cooked through well, mix in Kasuri Methi. Saute for a couple more minutes and done!
To assemble the Tacos,
- Warm Corn Tortillas
- Top with Sauteed Tofu and Veggies
- Top with Avocado Crema or Fresh Avocado slices
- Optionally sprinkle some Chili Lime Salt